Do you have a special event to go to that requires you to get into the killer outfit that has been in your wardrobe for years, that you have never been able to fit in to?
An old school reunion perhaps, where you want to show your old college buddies that you, unlike most of them, have not fallen in to the middle age spread trap?
Or are beach holidays looming fast and you simply cannot face another year of covering up your body, too embarrassed even to go for a healthy swim?
Whatever your reason for wanting to lose weight you know you need to shed 15 pounds of unwanted fat as quickly, but as safely, as possible.
In this report I am going to share with 15 killer strategies for losing those 15 pounds that will get you in to that killer outfit and impress your friends.
If you aim is losing 15 pounds in less say than one month there are a few things you need to consider first. You should start exercising and you must change your diet.
Doing this for a limited time is achievable even for the most un-motivated and lazy of us. And believe me, once those scales start to show less, you will become more and more motivated and this in turn, may even lead to massive weight loss and become a permanent change of lifestyle for you.
This has been the story of how many successful dieters I know, myself included, have started. A small weight loss goal in time for a wedding, anniversary or whatever has been surprisingly achievable, and then ended up turning into a permanent change of lifestyle and ended up with a record amount of weight loss.
OK so that’s the future, let’s get back to the start for now. You are overweight because of rationing. In other words it is due to the ration differential between how many calories you consume and how many calories you burn. It is as simple as that. But hey you already knew that didn’t you? So what do you do about?
Well first off, there is no need to starve yourself or make huge sacrifices. Just follow this simple 15 step guide to losing your first 15 pounds, last 15 pounds or to give your weight loss program a boost when it seems to have stuttered to a halt. You can use this plan as long as you want because it is so balanced and flexible.
OK let’s get started.
1. What's the first thing I think anyone who wants to lose weight should do? Keep a food diary. All you have to do is write down what, when, and approximately how much you eat and drink every day in a notebook. No need to try and figure out calories at this stage. It is simply an exercise designed to make you more aware of your current eating habits so you can identify what changes need to be made to lose weight. This food consciousness also helps you to plan healthy meals and snacks.
2. Drink water and plenty of it. Water is a diet savoir in many ways. If you suffer from bloating, actually drinking more water will help counteract this. Sip water constantly throughout the day if you can, rather than relying on your body to tell you when you are thirsty. This stops you mistaking hunger for thirst, and subsequently over eating. Try and refrain from drinking diet sodas too, as diet drinks actively make you crave sugar. If you find water is just too bland try adding a slice or lemon or ginger.
3. Introduce more whole grains into your diet. These super -foods are low in calories so use these to pad out meals as it will leave less room for more unhealthy foods. They are also high in fibre leaving you feeling fuller for longer.
4. Introduce more fruit and vegetables into your diet. Fruit is great for snacking throughout the day and provides a healthy dessert, and vegetables can pack out lunches and dinners to prevent hunger.
5. Try and have a snack every 3 hours to keep your blood sugar levels constant. Go for something like an apple and a handful of almonds. This may seem strange, being on a diet yet eating more, but a good diet does not mean starving yourself, its more about eating the right foods at the right time.
6. Get into the habit of reading food labels. I have lost count how many times in the past I have eaten something which claimed to be say 100 calories on the label, however on taking a closer look I have found these calories where actually per slice, or per serving, or a third, and not the whole item. Therefore try to match calories with serving size, and make healthy choices were possible.
7. Have a good protein source with each meal. This can take the form of items such as eggs, chicken, turkey, fish, beans, low fat cheese or low fat yogurt. A portion with each meal will help you feel fuller for longer.
8. Eat slowly, and chew your food properly. This will help you feel fuller more quickly, and the very act of chewing will leave you feeling more satisfied.
9. Avoid fruit juices. These are pointless additional calories. Have a piece of fruit instead.
10. Don’t skip meals. Ever. Skipping meals leads to increased hunger which will result in binging and over-eating. We all hear about how damaging putting your body in starvation mode is to your weight loss, and can even result in weight gain.
11. Watch those portions. Find out what the standard serving of food is and compare it to what you’re currently eating. If you find you are eating more than is recommended, cut your portion size down. You will find in time that this portion sizing will become second nature to you.
12. This next step is vitally important as without it, it will be virtually impossible to lose weight and keep it off. That is ensure you get regular exercise. It doesn’t matter what form this takes – walking, running, riding a bike, just get out there and do something. Start slow, say take a 10 minute brisk walk today, and then gradually build this up to 30 minutes every day. This will boost your metabolism so that it becomes easier to lose weight, improve your health, and give you a greater sense of well-being.
13. Plan your meals and snacks in advance. Make a shopping list of what you need, be firm with yourself and stick to it. Try not to go shopping when you are hungry as well as you will be more tempted to select fattening, quick fix foods.
14. Don't eat meals in front of the TV. Studies have indicated that we are inclined to over eat whilst watching TV as we are less conscious of what we are eating, and of the act of eating itself.
15. Try to opt for low fat dairy products such as skimmed milk, low fat yogurts and cheese. Be fat and sugar aware, and reduce the current content of both in your meals and snacks. Cut down of the amount of butter you currently eat, reduce your mayonnaise portions and above all resist fried food. Cut back on pastries, cakes, biscuits and ice cream and keep these as a once a week treat, or as a reward for meeting your weight loss goals.
As you can see if you want to learn how to lose at least 15 pounds fast then follow the above tips. They are not hard to follow and can be started very easily. So what are you waiting for? Get up and get started now to achieve your weight loss goal.